Zucchini bread is a great way to indulge in baking with the family. The smell of freshly baked bread drives us crazy (in a good way), but we don't always have the proper guideline or time to pursue the hobby. The best thing about baking is that everyone can do it! You can let your children help you in the kitchen, and you both can create a perfectly baked bread or cake. Kids are going back to school so bake a zucchini bread as a lunchtime snack - a great way to get some veggies in during the day!
We bake not because we want to adopt it as a profession but because it makes us happy. That’s why we enjoy sharing recipes with you that are fun and perfect for the entire family to get involved! Happy Baking!
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
¾ Cup Sugar
¾ Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon Salt
3 Very Ripe, Darkly Speckled Large Bananas - mashed well (about 1 ½ Cups)
¼ Cups Buttermilk
2 Large Eggs, Beaten Lightly
6 Tablespoons Butter, Melted and Cooled
1 ½ Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 Medium Zucchinis
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper then grease the parchment paper with cooking spray or grease loaf pan lightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Shred the zucchini on a box grater. Measure out 1 ½ cups of shredded zucchini then squeeze it with your hands over the sink to remove excess liquid. Fold the zucchini into the batter then scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake the bread for 50 to 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack to cool then lift the loaf out of the pan, slice and serve.
- Squeezing the excess moisture out of the zucchini ensures the bread won’t sink in the center of the pan.
Find us on Instagram for more recipes, tips, new launches, inspiration, and more!