Sugary Cookie Bites
These beautiful buttery cookies may just turn out to be your new favorite treat to have with a hot cup of spiced tea or coffee. The dough is easy to work with, and it’s perfect for little helpers in the kitchen to take part in production. With our mini shapes cutter set, bake a basket full of sugary ornaments in all shapes and sizes, create seasonal wreaths with the round cookie and biscuit cutter set, or create a tray of sparkling red hearts for someone you love.
One recipe, so many options. Sugary Cookie Bites can be simple single layer treats or intricate double decker designs with red fruit preserves and a blanket of confectioner’s sugar snow.
All varieties are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The décor is baker’s choice!
Gather Your Tools:
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Metal spatula
- Half sheet pan and rack set
- 24 piece mini cutter set
- Round biscuit cutter set
Gather Your Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼-1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Colored sprinkling sugar, optional
Get Ready to Bake:
- In large bowl, mix softened butter for approximately two minutes until fluffy.
- Add in confectioner’s sugar, flour, and salt, and combine until smooth and creamy.
- Shape dough into am approximately 4x8x2” log. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill dough for at least 20 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle work surface with granulated sugar.
- Unwrap dough and cut across into 1/3” slices. Arrange slices on granulated sugar, press lightly, and use mini shapes and biscuit cutters to cut out shapes. Using a metal spatula, place shapes gently on baking sheet a few inches apart. Cookies do not spread. If desired, press designs into cookie before decorating with colored sprinkling sugar.
- Gather remaining dough scraps, reshape dough, and cut again. Continue until all dough has been cut, transferred to baking sheet, and decorated.
- Bake for approximately 14-17 minutes until top is set and edges just begin to brown.
- Remove immediately to cooling rack. If desired, dust with confectioner’s sugar.
Baker’s Bits: Our stackable sugary cookie bites can be filled with your favorite sweet center. Using a biscuit cutter and a circle mini shape cutter, create a top and bottom for a filled wreath. Try hazelnut spread, peanut butter, thick chocolate ganache, preserves, or crushed berries. Dust with confectioner’s sugar or leave plain for a buttery good bite. For larger wreaths, adjust the size of the dough before chilling. Go wild and use the mini shapes cutters to create decorative leaves, flowers, and colored ornaments. Affix to your wreath cookie with a dab of royal icing or melted chocolate.
Sugary cookie bites are also perfect for decorating with royal icing. If desired, dust with confectioner’s sugar after baking. Store in an airtight container.