Today’s tip is a recipe that offers an absolute perfect use for that leftover inch of unsweetened cereal in the bottom of the bag, the dozen or so broken pretzels or corner-nipped crackers that take up space in near-empty boxes on pantry shelves everywhere.
So, gather your ingredients and let’s get ready to make a really fun soup topper!
Gather Your Tools:
Measuring cups and spoons
Baking Pan 9x13”
Gather Your Ingredients:
2 cups broken savory crackers
2 cups unsweetened cereal
2 cups salted pretzel bits
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
2-3 teaspoons mixed seasoning, to your taste
Salt and pepper
Get Ready to Bake:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In baking pan, combine crackers, cereal, and pretzel bits.
- Pour melted butter and seasonings over mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Stir. Bake for another 15-25 minutes until desired golden color is achieved and mixture is crispy.
- Store in airtight container.
Baker’s Bits: This flexible recipe is a variant of the Original Chex Party Mix ™ by General Mills, minus the nuts, with the added bonus of a great pantry-cleaning way to use up leftover cereal and snack cracker bits you have on hand. We use this topper for soups all the time, but it also makes an excellent addition to a beautiful salad. Package this in snack-size zippered bags for a savory, crunchy treat.
Leave a comment