Nutty Granola is a breakfast cereal, an energy booster, an after-school snack, an essential layer in a yogurt and fruit parfait, and an ice cream blend-in or topping. And did we mention it’s just plain delicious?
However you choose to enjoy this treat, we’re sure your family will love it. Store in airtight containers and keep plenty on hand for the snackers in your home.
Gather Your Tools:
Large mixing bowl
Measuring cups and spoons
Jelly Roll Pans
Baking and Cooling Racks
Gather Your Ingredients:
4 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup flax seeds
1 cup hemp hearts
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup mix of almonds, pecans, walnuts – your choice
1 Tablespoon chia seeds, if desired
1/3 cup cinnamon
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup maple syrup, warmed
1-2 cups dried chopped fruits, as desired
Get Ready to Bake:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour oil and warmed maple syrup over mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly over two Jelly Roll Pans.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, and stir to make sure the granola cooks evenly.
- Return pans to oven and bake for another 15 minutes. If you prefer a crispier, browner granola, stir both pans once more and return to oven for an additional 15 minutes. Once you make this recipe the first time, you’ll be able to adjust cooking time to your individual preference.
- When pans have cooled on baking racks, it’s time to stir in your favorite dried fruits. Consider adding raisins, sultanas, chopped dates, apricots, cranberries, cherries, or dried coconut. Your kitchen, your tasty rules!
- Store granola in airtight containers.
Baker’s Bits: Nutty Granola makes the perfect hostess gift. Fill a clean jar with granola, seal, and tie with a pretty ribbon.