Roasted chicken and veggies are the classic combinations to have over the holidays or any night of the week. It is so versatile and undoubtedly a complete dish that you can crave any time of the day.
If you are living alone you already know that cooking such hefty meals for one means lots of leftovers. And who wants to go through all the fuss of many extravagant dinners just for one? But what if we tell you that you can make it at home, just for yourself, and it is so easy and requires just one pan? Crazy but true! You can make a single serving of Garlic Herb Chicken with Roasted Veggies in a small sheet pan in the oven. The delicious juicy and garlicky chicken with herb and roasted veggies will just take you on a blissful journey of comfort and taste!
To make this delicious and hearty platter of a meal, you need simple ingredients and a good-quality baking sheet pan. So no extra pans or dishes for cleaning! Feel free to use any seasonal vegetables, and with just a breast of chicken, it is the perfect thing to have any time. It takes just 15 minutes to prepare and 20 to 25 minutes of cooking in the oven. Keep reading to know all about it so you can try one now!
We love this dish because it is hustle-free and honestly just needs a small aluminum pan of 1/8 inches of thickness. It is ideal for personal serving, and you are free of the piles of dishes by the end of the day.
Moreover, another kitchen utensil you need is a small to medium-sized bowl, spoon, or oven, like a conventional countertop or even toaster. The use of a small aluminum pan is to fit the small range too. Thus, it opens so many possibilities for solo baking.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 5-to-6-ounce Chicken breast, with skin
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ tsp garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- ¼ tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- Kosher salt, to season
- Fresh ground black pepper, to season
- 2 to 3 baby potatoes, cubed in 1-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, cubed in 1-inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cubed in 1-inch pieces
- A handful of asparagus, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200-degrees.
- Mix together butter, garlic, parsley, thyme, rosemary, paprika, and mustard powder in a bowl.
- Take the chicken breast and rub the garlic herb butter underneath the skin. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Now grease the sheet pan with olive oil.
- Place all vegetables over the baking sheet. Season them with salt, pepper, and olive oil and toss.
- Make space in the middle of the sheet pan and place the seasoned chicken.
- Now cook the chicken and vegetables in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then toss the vegetables around. Cook for 10 minutes more or until the chicken is cooked and veggies are tender.
- Serve with chicken with veggies immediately.
The dish itself is so versatile that you can eat it as it is, but there is always room for more. Well, here are few serving ideas that can make the dish so special. Of course, you deserve something unique and delicious.
- Pour leftover juices from the pan over the chicken and vegetables. It has all of the goodness of the chicken and flavors from herbs and garlic too.
- A drizzle of Ranch will have a delicious and fresh taste to the dish. It also makes an excellent dip-like sauce.
- Yogurt and dill dip is a perfect combination of tanginess and freshness. And it really goes well with heart chicken and the spiced roasted veggies.
- Add a half-fried or sunny side up egg over the veggies. The runny, oozy yolk oomph the flavor and makes it super rich like something you have at diners.
Find us on Instagram for more recipes, tips, new launches, inspiration, and more!
Leave a comment