Every movie or sports fan knows that a solid snack lineup is a huge part of the spectator experience. Hot dips and chips are a timeless favorite. Our Cheesy Spicy Corn Dip ranks high on the comfort food scale with its blend of Tex-Mex seasonings, melty cheese, onions, peppers, and fresh corn kernels.
Gather Your Tools:
Measuring cups and spoons
Gather Your Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons salted butter
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
3 ears fresh corn kernels or 3 cups crispy canned corn
1 jar roasted peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
1 bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon paprika
Hot sauce, to taste
½ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
¾ cup mayonnaise
½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons shredded Monterey jack cheese
1 pound tortilla chips
Get Ready to Bake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, melt butter. Sauté garlic and onion until golden. Add corn, roasted peppers, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, and seasonings for about 10 minutes until vegetables begin to soften. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- In mixing bowl, combine cooked vegetables, mayonnaise, and ½ cup of each cheese.
- Transfer mixture to 9x13” baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tablespoons of each cheese.
- Arrange tortilla chips on baking pans and bake in preheated oven 5 minutes or until warm.
- Bake Cheesy Spicy Corn Dip for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Baker’s Bits: Our Cheesy Spicy Corn Dip tastes great mild, but if you’ve got a hankering for some crazy heat, go a little wild on the peppers, spices, and hot sauce. We bake our dip in one large pan, then portion out into smaller dishes for easy serving to guests.