Baking is undoubtedly an art. It is a special skill that requires time, patience, and effort to master. But once you have done it, there is no going back! It is a whole new world of creativity, luxury, and pleasure. Most people make it a mission of their life to excel at baking. They spend years and years practicing and mastering the art of baking. Whereas others don't share the same level of passion.
Now, most people think baking is messy, but it doesn't have to be if you have the right recipe! For instance, you can try a no knead bread. It is a simple recipe that is family-friendly, because it doesn't require a lot of effort, you can try and bake it with your kids! Here is everything you need to know about this one!
What is no knead bread?
No-knead bread is a bread-making method in which you have to proof the bread instead of kneading it. Generally, we have to knead the bread to give it its unique texture. So, if you don't want to knead it, you have to place it for a few hours in a wet, dry place. This fermentation time allows the gluten in the bread's dough to form stands that provide the bread its unique texture. Although this method is time-consuming, it is effortless and very easy. You don't have to spend your time and energy kneading the dough. All you have to do is wait.
What's unique about this recipe?
For one, it is super simple and easy to make. Especially if you are a busy parent, you can bake it at home effortlessly. Also, it is a fantastic activity you can do with your kids. Moreover, baking bread at home is a healthy option. You can customize according to your liking. You can try new flavors and create different combinations. You can use homemade no-knead bread for different dishes, like French toast, sandwiches, or bread puddings. Use it any time of the day for any meal, and you will be proud to see your loved ones enjoying a healthy and tasteful meal made with the bread you baked at home!
No Knead Bread Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Proofing time: 6 hours
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Ingredients3 ½ Cups all-purpose Flour
1 + 2/3 Cups Lukewarm Water
1 Tsp Instant Yeast
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 ½ Tbsp Milk Powder
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Seeds of Your Choice
1 ½ Tsp Salt
- The first thing you have to do is to prepare the dough for this no-knead bread. Start by adding lukewarm water to a large bowl, add sugar and yeast. Stir is that the sugar and yeast are dissolved. Note that if you are using dry active yeast, activate it by waiting for about 15 minutes until you see tiny bubbles appearing.
- Next, add all-purpose flour, milk powder, olive oil, and salt. Combine all the ingredients using your hands until you get a sticky dough.
Pro Tip: If you feel the dough is firm, add a tablespoon or two of water.
Proofing the dough:
- This process is very important for your dough to rise to perfection. Place the dough in a bowl, and wrap it with clingfilm. Place the bowl in a warm, dry, and dark place for about 4 to 6 hours. This will allow the yeast to release carbon dioxide, which will create air pockets. As a result, your dough will increase in size or will “rise”.
Pro Tip: If you want to speed up the process, place the dough in an instant pot’s inner pot. Seal the instant pot lid and select yogurt mode. Set the time for 3 hours, and once the time is up, you will get a perfectly proofed dough.
Deflating the dough:
- Once the time is up, remove the plastic wrap and deflate the dough using your hands. You will do that by folding the dough over and over again. Now, grease a pan using oil or butter and place the dough in the bread loaf tin. Don't forget to grease the sides of the tin as well.
- Grease the cling film and cover the tin loosely with it. Make sure the greased part faces the dough. Let it sit for about 30 minutes. Again, it will allow the dough to rise and let the yeast do its magic.
- Now it’s time to bake the bread. Remove the cling film and sprinkle seeds of your choice on the dough’s surface. I have used sesame seeds. You can skip adding seeds as well.
- Now place the pan in a preheated oven at 400-degree F for about 30 to 45 minutes until the top gets a beautiful golden-brown color.
- Once the time is up, take the pan out of the oven and let it cool down a bit. Gently invert the pan onto a cooling rack to remove the freshly baked bread from the pan. Let it cool down completely on a cooling rack.
- Once it is cool, slice using a sharp bread knife and enjoy!
Pro Tip: You can check whether the bread is done or not by inserting a toothpick or fork inside the bread. If it comes out clean, it means the bread is ready. If it is wet, you can extend the cooking time.
Find us on Instagram for more recipes, tips, new launches, inspiration, and more!