Hot chocolate calls to mind snowy skating rinks and cool Winter days, long bundled-up walks and evenings by a crackling fire. Rich and sweet, our Hot Chocolate Cookies wrap all those nostalgic memories into a tender scrumptious cookie that just might become your family’s favorite!
Gather Your Tools:
Measuring cups and spoons
Mixing bowls, medium and large
Gather Your Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup dark chocolate, coarsely chopped, if desired
Finishing sea salt, if desired
Get Ready to Bake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and mix until combined on medium speed.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, blending until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients a little at a time and mix until just combined.
- If desired, stir in semisweet chips and top with finishing sea salt.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper. Drop cookies by the teaspoonful onto baking sheet, leaving two inches between them.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove baking pan to cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 1 minute, then remove finished cookies to cooling rack.
- Store finished cookies in airtight container.
Baker’s Bits: What goes well with hot chocolate? Marshmallows! Try spreading the underside of a cookie with fluffy marshmallow cream, seal with a second cookie, and roll edges in shaved chocolate, crushed peppermint, or even salty peanuts.
Leave a comment